These collections encompass records and publications of Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Medical College (founded 1824), as well as rare medical books, personal papers, medical artifacts and photographs.
The University Archives and Special Collections are housed at Scott Memorial Library.
Browse the Historical Collections Collections:
- American Red Cross Base Hospital No. 38 during WWII
- American Red Cross base hospital no. 38 in the world war. United States army base hospital no. 38, organized under the auspices of the Jefferson Medical College and Hospital, stationed at Nantes, France, 1918-1919, by W. M. L. Coplin.
- A Commitment to Excellence (TJU nursing school history) (1982)
- Historical Addresses
- History of the anatomy act of Pennsylvania, WS Forbes, 1898
- Jefferson History Books
- Jefferson Medical College Catalogs
- Jefferson Medical College Publications
- Jefferson Medical College Yearbooks
- JMC General Alumni Catalog (1917)
- Legend and Lore: Jefferson Medical College
- Samuel D. Gross, M.D. A Bibliography (1834-1887)
- The Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia, Benefactors, alumni, hospital etc. Its founders, officers, instructors, 1826--1904 A HISTORY (Volume 1)
- The Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia, Benefactors, alumni, hospital etc. Its founders, officers, instructors, 1826--1904 A HISTORY (Volume 2)
- Thomas Jefferson University - A chronological history and alumni directory, 1824 - 1990, edited by Frederick B. Wagner, Jr., MD, and J. Woodrow Savacool, MD, 1992.
- Thomas Jefferson University - tradition and heritage, edited by Frederick B. Wagner, Jr., MD, 1989
- TJU Charter of Incorporation (1969)
- Yellow fever, a symposium in commemoration of Carlos Juan Finlay, 1955
- A manual of military surgery, by S.D. Gross, MD, 1861
- A manual of military surgery, [Confederate States Army], 1863
- Gemrig’s illustrated catalogue of surgical instruments, ca. 1868
- Modern Surgery, 4th edition, by John Chalmers Da Costa
- Obstetrics: The Science and The Art, by Charles D. Meigs, M.D.
- On the anatomy of the breast, by Sir Astley Paston Cooper, 1840
- The Throat and the Voice, by J. Solis Cohen, M.D. 1879