Diet and Inflammation in Rheumatic Diseases
Overall Goals and Objectives
Following this activity, a participant should be able to:
- Identify recent advances in integrative medical care and discuss their application to clinical practice.
- Describe the latest data on complementary and alternative medical therapies that could improve patient outcomes.
- Discuss core integrative medicine topics that patients frequently ask physicians about.
- Nutrition and risk of developing rheumatic diseases
- The immune system and the gut
- Influence of gut microbiome on rheumatic disease
- Influence of diet on gut microbiome and inflammation
Leung, MD, PhD, Yiu Tak, "Diet and Inflammation in Rheumatic Diseases" (2018). Integrative Medicine Lectures, Presentations & Grand Rounds. Presentation 101.