Vulnerable and Marginalized Communities During COVID-19: A Focus on Children
This session will explore how previous pandemics have historically affected marginalized communities. Furthermore, Dr. VonHoltz will discuss her recent work developing online resources that are easily distributed through graphics to alert individuals about food availability and general community resources during COVID-19.
- Understand how marginalized and vulnerable communities have been adversely affected by the COVID 19 pandemic
- Discuss the unique ways children have been affected by measures to reduce spread of disease
- Identify potential policy measures that can improve child outcomes in the midst of the pandemic
- Overview of US Marginalized and Vulnerable Populations
- Effect of COVID-19 on Children
- Beyond the Bedside - Family Connects
- Questions and Discussion
Recommended CitationVonHoltz, MD, MPH, Lauren, "Vulnerable and Marginalized Communities During COVID-19: A Focus on Children" (2020). COVID-19: Spread the Science, not the Virus Seminar Series. Paper 8.