Media is loading
Overall Goals and Objectives:
1. Discuss prevalence and severity of pulmonary hypertension in non-idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
2. Interpreting hemodynamics in various secondary forms of pulmonary hypertension.
3. Use of PAH specific treatment in secondary forms of pulmonary hypertension.
Alam, MD, M.Sc., Shoaib, "Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension: What is Expected? What is Out of Proportion?" (2011). Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Presentation 33.
Dr. Shoaib Alam is a staff clinician at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland/Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Medicine Branch/National Health Lung and Blood Institute. Dr. Alam's clinical interests are as follows:
1. Pulmonary arterial hypertension and pulmonary vascular diseases. Started first comprehensive pulmonary arterial hypertension and pulmonary vascular diseases program in central Pennsylvania through Penn State.
2. Interstitial Lung Diseases.
3. Scleroderma / Connective tissue, disorders related to pulmonary diseases