ECT For Catatonia Of Non-Psychiatric Origins
Media is loading
- Understand the history and recognize the syndrome of catatonia
- Be aware of the underlying conditions that can lead to catatonia
- Know the effective treatments for catatonia and the risks of delaying care
- Recognize ECT as an effective treatment for catatonia and severe affective symptoms of both psychiatric and non-psychiatric origin
- Understand the legal framework surrounding access to ECT
Recommended CitationMumma, Andrew and Meyers, Carey, "ECT For Catatonia Of Non-Psychiatric Origins" (2022). Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior Grand Rounds. Paper 22.