Download Poster. Files over 3MB may be slow to open. For best results, right-click and select "save as..." (248 KB)
● Palliative Care services are often underutilized in patients with End-Stage Liver Disease (ESLD) and often only initiated at the end of life
● The Palliative Performance Score (PPS) is an important tool used in Palliative Care to assess functional status
● PPS has five functional dimensions: ambulation, activity level and evidence of disease, self-care, oral intake, and level of consciousness
● The aim of this study is to determine if there is a correlation between Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score and PPS in ESLD patients
● MELD is used to predict mortality and to prioritize liver transplant allocation in ESLD patients
Gastroenterology | Medicine and Health Sciences
Kotler, MD, Drew; Shah, MD, Mital; Reddy, MD, Sheela S.; Fenkel, MD, Jonathan M.; Liantonio, MD, John; and Halegoua-De Marzio, MD, Dina, "The Use of Palliative Performance Score in Patients with End-Stage Liver Disease" (2017). Department of Medicine Posters. 11.