Download Poster (1.3 MB)
- Philadelphia is among the top 10 cities in the US with populations over 500,000 with a high Community Need Index score (CNI- severity of Health disparity)
- Data from 2015 County Health Ranking, had Philadelphia last of all 67 counties in the state for social economic factors. (unemployment, income inequality, injury deaths, etc. )
- Cancer is a leading cause of mortality in the US
- The SKCC participated in a year-long, externally supported self study to improve the quality of patientprovider interactions and promote more equitable, accessible and patient- centered cancer care. This program aligned with internal initiatives.
- SKCC at Jefferson is NCI-designated cancer center and part of an academic medical center located in Philadelphia. In the catchment area the Incidence and Mortality in 7 out of 10 Major Cancers is higher than state and national averages.
cancer, quality, Philadelphia, health equity
Medicine and Health Sciences | Oncology | Public Health
Vaughan-Briggs, LCSW, C.; Petok, LCSW, MPH, A.; DeJesse, T.; and Leader, DrPH, MPH, Amy, "Improving the Quality of Patient-Provider Interactions and Promoting Equitable, Accessible and Patient-Centered Cancer Care" (2019). Department of Medical Oncology Posters. 9.