Pediatric Palliative Care
1. Identify recent advances and developments in geriatric medicine and their application to interdisciplinary care
2. Identify best practices related to interdisciplinary care for patients at the end of life
3. Examine innovative models of care for elderly patients with complex, chronic illness
4. Compare and contrast the balance between life prolongation and quality of life in elderly, critically ill patients.
Pediatric End of Life Ethics
- What choices can parents make and not make?
- Assent vs consent
- Parent/child disagreements
Young adults with severe neurologic impairments since birth-caring for the parent/child dyad
GT feeds in pediatrics-can't stop, won't stop
Prognosticating in pediatric palliative care
Recommended CitationMiller, MD, Elissa, "Pediatric Palliative Care" (2017). Interprofessional Geriatric and Palliative Care Grand Rounds. Presentation 14.