Unlocking a Key to Wellness: Addressing the Critical Perfectionist
At the end of this session, each participant should be able to:
- Define maladaptive perfectionism.
- Describe at least one negative impact on medical student, resident, and physician well-being.
- Define and discuss three types of perfectionism: (self-oriented, other-oriented, and socially-imposed).
- List at least one effective strategy to educate others on the impact of maladaptive perfectionism.
- Formulate at least one behavioral or cognitive change that will be implemented to assist with personal well-being and self-compassion in the future.
Hogans-Mathews, MD, Shermeeka, "Unlocking a Key to Wellness: Addressing the Critical Perfectionist" (2023). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 567.