The Importance of Mental Health in Elite Athletes
- Explore the variety of impacts of physical activity on mental health - positive & negative
- Define mental health disorders in athletes and compare rates of diagnosis with the general population
- Identify those athletes at risk for increased rates of mental health disorders
- Define OTS & RED-S and how they play a role in athlete mental health
- Review the downstream effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on student-athlete mental health as a result of time away from activity
- Describe next steps for improving & supporting athlete mental health
Haines, MD, Caitlyn, "The Importance of Mental Health in Elite Athletes" (2022). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 521.