Declotting Inpatient Anticoagulation
- Understand the hemostatic process including a review of the coagulation cascade and role of platelets in forming the platelet plug.
- Recognize mechanism of action of a variety of anticoagulant agents as well as indications for use and dosing.
- Improve knowledge of perioperative anticoagulation.
- Review indications & mechanisms of reversal.
- Explore indications for VTE prophylaxis in the era of COVID.
Haines, MD, Caitlyn, "Declotting Inpatient Anticoagulation" (2021). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 477.