Transient Ischemic Attack
- Understand the changing definition of TIA and how this impacts management
- Discuss the signs/symptoms of TIA vs. TIA-mimics, and strategies for distinguishing them
- Categorize the major causes of TIA
- Discuss the approach to TIA evaluation in the PCP office
- Understand the value of risk stratification and the tools that can be used to achieve this in the outpatient setting
- Discuss the key aspects of TIA workup, diagnosis, and treatment
Wiley, MD, Bob, "Transient Ischemic Attack" (2020). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 458.