Diabetes and the Older Adult
1. Explain the epidemiology of diabetes and its complications in older adults
2. Discuss the prevention of diabetes in older adults
3. Present ADA consensus recommendations for treating the heterogeneous population of older adults with or at risk for diabetes
4. Indicate issues which need to be considered to individualize treatment recommendations for older adults.
5. Identify best practices to involve patients in decisions related to diabetes care.
Presentation: 44 minutes
Recommended CitationClark, MD, MS, RD, Nathaniel G., "Diabetes and the Older Adult" (2014). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 39.