Diversity and Inclusion in Family and Community Medicine
At the end of this talk participants will be able to:
- Define Diversity and Inclusion and understand their influence on workforce development.
- Explore the use of an environmental survey to assess departmental culture
- Identify key stakeholders in creating a more diverse workforce
- Gain comfort in discussing issues of diversity and inclusion
- Recognize the evolution of a more diverse and inclusive department of family medicine
- Advocate for a culture of diversity and inclusion
Presentation: 50 minutes
Recommended CitationWitt, MD, Deborah K.; Brisbon, MD, Nancy; McManus, MD, Patrick; Trice, MD, Traci; and Shungu, MD, Nicholas, "Diversity and Inclusion in Family and Community Medicine" (2014). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 30.