- For diagnosis of overt or suspected cardiovascular disease with follow up recording for change in status
- For accessing results of therapy
- In subjects at risk of heart disease (>40 with two or more RF). Follow up only if symptoms or signs of heart disease
- In subjects with fewer risk factors whose occupations magnify the consequences of a heart attack or arrhythmia (pilot, bus driver)
- Pre-operative aid in diagnosis of pre-op conditions and subsequent post-op complications
- For assessing cardiac effects of systemic diseases or conditions, such as renal failure, DKA, hypothermia, electrolyte abnormalities and drug effects
Recommended CitationMills, MD, PhD, Geoffrey, "EKG Workshop" (2018). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 280.