- The field of motor rehabilitation is in need of more efficient and effective rehabilitation strategies.
- Each year, almost 2.5 million Americans suffer from traumatic brain injury (TBI) and roughly 800,000 Americans experience a stroke. 1, 2
- The total annual direct and indirect costs of stroke and TBI in the United States are $65.5 billion and between $48 and $56 billion, respectively.3, 4
- A promising new approach may lie in using sound as a neuromodulatory tool to access motor areas of the brain.
- Pianists, for example, can improve their performance of a previously practiced musical piece just by listening to the piece before the next time they play.5
Recommended CitationHeckel, Brittany; Stephan, Marianne; Song, Sunbin; and Cohen, Leonardo G., "Crossmodal Encoding of Motor Sequence Memories" (2015). CWiC-PH. Poster 43.