Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for Substance Use Disorders
- Describe the purpose of SBIRT and the role of physicians play in assessing patients
- List the screening tools available to identify substance use disorders in patients
- Evaluate the methods of providing a brief intervention to patients
- Explain the components of motivational interviewing
- Practice scenarios..next time!
Recommended CitationBrawer, MPH, PhD, MCHES, Rickie and Plumb, MD, MPH, James D., "Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for Substance Use Disorders" (2017). Department of Family & Community Medicine Lectures, Presentations, Workshops. Paper 184.