Primary Care of the Dialysis Patient
1. Be more familiar with the pathophysiology, evaluation, treatment goals, long-term adverse outcomes and treatment regimens for:
- Anemia in ESRD
- Bone and Mineral Metabolism Disorders in ESRD
So that we can better understand the treatment regimes of our patients and better collaborate with nephrologists in their care
2. Be confident about treating symptoms associated with ESRD including pain and non-pain symptoms.
3. Have access to references for primary care mangement and medication dosing
4. Understand more practical aspects of dialysis care.
Presentation: 40 minutes
Recommended CitationDaly, MD (PGY3), Elizabeth M., "Primary Care of the Dialysis Patient" (2013). Department of Family & Community Medicine Lectures, Presentations, Workshops. Paper 12.