"News in Brief,"
Jefferson Surgical Solutions: Vol. 2:
1, Article 8.
Available at: https://jdc.jefferson.edu/jss/vol2/iss1/8
- Glenn Whitman, MD has joined the Department of Surgery’s Divisions of Acute Care Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery. He comes to Jefferson from Temple University where he served as Associate Hospital Director of Perioperative Services and Director of Transplantation. Dr. Whitman will head Jefferson’s Surgical Cardiac Care Unit.
- Pankaj Patel, MD (JMC Class of 1991), has joined the Division of Acute Care Surgery. Dr. Patel is returning to Jefferson from Penn State College of Medicine. He specializes in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care.
- Vincent Armenti, MD, PhD (JMC Class of 1982), has returned from Temple University to teach and continue his work as Principal Investigator of the National Transplantation Pregnancy Registry which he founded at Jefferson in 1991. He holds a primary appointment in the Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology.
- Paul DiMuzio, MD has been named Director of the Division of Vascular Surgery and the Measey Professor of Surgery. Cataldo Doria, MD, PhD has been named Director of the Division of Transplant Surgery.
- Thomas Tulenko, PhD Director of the Division of Surgical Research, received the Dean’s Citation for Outstanding Faculty Mentoring and was also recently awarded Diplomate status with the Accreditation Council for Clinical Lipidology.
- Gerald Isenberg, MD has been named an Honorary Fellow of the Puerto Rico Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
- Kate Vinod a first year JMC student, has been awarded a national one-year Student Research Fellowship by the American Vascular Association. Her project, "Differentiation of Amniotic Fluid Stem Cells," will proceed under the direction of Dr. Paul DiMuzio.