New Updates in the Treatment of Seizures
Media is loading
- Discuss the definition and pathophysiology of the different classifications of seizures
- Review the traditional therapy options for the treatment of seizures
- Describe the indications, mechanism of action, dosing and adverse effects of the recently approved antiepileptic drugs (AEDs)
- Evaluate the current literature to determine the place in therapy for the recently approved AEDs in adults
- Based on patient-specific factors, design a treatment and monitoring plan for a patient with seizures
Recommended CitationBuckler, PharmD, PGY-1, Pharmacy Practice Resident, Rebecca, "New Updates in the Treatment of Seizures" (2014). College of Population Health Continuing Education Programs. Paper 6.