Grief and Depression at the End of Life
Goals for the learner:
- To differentiate between grief and depression at the end of life
- To appreciate the prevalence of depression at the end of life and its relevance to quality of life
- To diagnose depression in a terminally ill patient
- To provide resources to the dying patient to treat depression non-pharmacologically
- To medically treat a depressed dying patient
Recommended CitationCollins, BS, MD, PGY-3, Elizabeth, "Grief and Depression at the End of Life" (2016). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 137.