Handbook, Guide or Manual
This module is designed for those who use the Developmental Assessment of Young Children (DAYC) as part of early intervention. To complete the activities in this module, you will need a copy of the five DAYC subtests, the Profile/Examiner Summary Sheet, and the DAYC Examiner’s Manual.
Following review of this module and completion of recommended activities, participants will be able to:
· discuss the use of the DAYC in the Philadelphia Early Intervention system.
· identify the components of the DAYC.
· calculate a child’s chronological age in order to establish the start point for administering the DAYC.
· find the basal and ceiling in order to calculate DAYC raw scores.
· convert raw scores into age equivalents, percentiles, standard deviations, and determine the child’s DAYC results in relation to his or her chronological age
· summarize and apply DAYC results in the MDE/IFSP form.
Recommended CitationMuhlenhaupt, Mary, "Using the Developmental Assessment of Young Children (DAYC)" (2006). Department of Occupational Therapy Faculty Papers. Paper 3.