An Einstein Medical Center-TJUH Care Evaluation of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Media is loading
Consensus Conclusions and Call to Action
- TBI care in the United States often fails to meet the needs of individuals, families, and communities affected by this condition.
- High-quality care for TBI requires that it be managed as a condition with both acute and long-term phases.
- Public and professional misunderstandings are widespread with respect to the frequency; manifestations; long-tern consequences; and proper detection, treatment, and rehabilitation of TBI.
- The United States lacks a comprehensive framework for addressing TBI.
- Health Disparity issues should be taken into consideration.
Miller, MD, MPH, FACS, Stanton B., "An Einstein Medical Center-TJUH Care Evaluation of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury" (2022). Department of Surgery Presentations and Grand Rounds. Presentation 233.