- Describe national readmission rates
- Categorize transitional care challenges
- Describe Healthcare Reform’s impact on transitional care
Overall Goals and Objectives:
Following this activity, a participant should be able to:
1. Recognize recent advances and developments in Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care and translate into clinical practice
2. Integrate perspectives of multiple disciplines into decision-making on behalf of patients through structured plans for patient care.
3. Develop areas for future research and discuss appropriate methods to address these needs.
4. Summarize and continually improve communications as a team, caring for Pulmonary/Critical Care patients.
Presentation: 34 minutes
Coutinho McAllister, MD, Susan, "Readmissions: Setting the Stage for Patients, Providers and Partners" (2015). Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Presentation 121.
Dr. Susan C. Coutinho Mcallister graduated from the UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2003. She works in Camden, NJ and specializes in Internal Medicine. Dr. Coutinho Mcallister is affiliated with Cooper University Hospital, Inspira Medical Center Vineland, Lourdes Medical Center Burlington and Virtua Marlton Hospital. She speaks English and Spanish.
Special Interests: Medical management of the acute care adult, throughput, process improvement