1. Discuss the current recommendations for the diagnosis of cardiac sarcoid. Are biopsies required?
2. Discuss the current recommendations for immunosuppressive therapy in CS.
3. Discuss the current recommendations for implantable devices in CS.
Overall Goals and Objectives:
Following this activity, a participant should be able to:
1. Recognize recent advances and developments in Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care and translate into clinical practice
2. Integrate perspectives of multiple disciplines into decision-making on behalf of patients through structured plans for patient care.
3. Develop areas for future research and discuss appropriate methods to address these needs.
4. Summarize and continually improve communications as a team, caring for Pulmonary/Critical Care patients.
Presentation: 35 minutes
Kane, MD, Kevin Patrick, "Cardiac Sarcoidosis: Latest Recommendations" (2015). Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Presentation 119.
Dr. Kevin Patrick Kane is a Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellow at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Center. He completed his medical student at Temple University and went on to do a residency at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus OH. His clinical interests include Advanced Pulmonary Lymphomatoid Granulomatosis In Presumed Rheumatologic Disease and respiratory illnesses.