- Discuss the prevalence of obstructive sleep apnea and its outcomes
- Review clinical evidence on the relationships between obstructive sleep apnea and the metabolic syndrome
- Discuss potential mechanisms linking sleep apnea and the metabolic syndrome
Overall Goals and Objectives:
Following this activity, a participant should be able to:
1. Recognize recent advances and developments in Pulmonary Medicine & Critical Care and translate into clinical practice
2. Integrate perspectives of multiple disciplines into decision-making on behalf of patients through structured plans for patient care.
3. Develop areas for future research and discuss appropriate methods to address these needs.
4. Summarize and continually improve communications as a team, caring for Pulmonary/Critical Care patients.
Note: Just PowerPoint slides, no audio.
Polotsky, MD, PhD, Vsevolod Y., "Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Metabolic Syndrome: Where is the Chicken? Where is the Egg?" (2014). Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Presentation 114.