Type 2 diabetes can be prevented through effective interventions that are underutilized in clinical care. There are opportunities to improve preventive care by leveraging health IT solutions including clinical decision support and tools to facilitate population health activities and patient engagement. This webinar will review a successful example of an initiative at one health system to optimize health IT to promote diabetes prevention, and discuss key lessons learned.
- AMA's commitment to chronic disease prevention
- The state of the type 2 diabetes epidemic
- Evidence and clinical guidelines for preventive interventions
- Example of a successful EHR optimization to support diabetes prevention
- Emerging digital solutions
©2019 American Medical Association. All Rights Reserved
Recommended CitationKirley, MD, MS, FAAFP, Kate, "Connecting the Dots with Diabetes Prevention: From Analytics to Virtual Engagement" (2019). Population Health Leadership Series: PopTalk Webinars. Paper 5.