• Diagnostic endoscopic biopsy of intra-abdominal lesions may be performed prior to surgical resections.
• Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of intra-abdominal lymph nodes may also be performed to:
• Yield more information
• Allow for more accurate staging
• We evaluate the additional staging information concurrent fine needle aspiration of intra-abdominal lymph nodes provided
• We included all patients at our institution from January 1, 2000 to March 30, 2015 who, during the same endoscopic procedure, had:
• Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of an intra-abdominal lymph node AND
• Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration OR a surgical biopsy of an intraabdominal lesion
• We excluded all patients for whom the final diagnosis was lympho-proliferative
• Primary lesions were:
• Upper gastrointestinal tract
• Biliary tract
• 63 total patients
Goldberg, MD, Allison F.; Solomides, MD, Charalambos C.; Bibbo, MD, Marluce; and Draganova-Tacheva, MD, Rossitza, "Diagnostic Value of Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration of Intra-Abdominal Lymph Nodes in Patients with Concurrent Biopsy of Intra-Abdominal Tumors" (2015). Department of Pathology, Anatomy, and Cell Biology Resident's Posters. Paper 9.