Integrating animals into occupational therapy intervention with individuals of various health conditions…
- Incorporating animals into an OT intervention plan is unique and can be an alternative to traditional device. Research suggests the animals may be viewed as a form of assistive technology(Camp, 2001).
- Occupational therapy intervention incorporating animals may:
- Increase participation in the community
- Augment the individual’s independence
- Positively impact the individual's psychosocial functioning (Camp, 2001)
Recommended CitationMorosky, MAT, OTS, Lauren; Fenn, OTS, Elizabeth Gina; and Zapletal, MS, OTR/L, Audrey, "Using Animals during Occupational Therapy to Improve Quality of Life" (2016). Department of Occupational Therapy Posters and Presentations. Paper 36.