This session was designed for senior medical students who will soon be interns and will be expected to teach medical students. Knowles’ Adult Learning Theory principles is used to explain principles of effective teaching principles. RIME model is introduced as a way to define students’ clinical performance expectations. A discussion of teaching tools provides concrete examples to help new interns become better educators.
- Describe core tenets of adult learning theory
- Reflect on own educational experiences through the prism of adult learning
- Identify characteristics of “great teachers”
- Use RIME model to describe learner performance expectations
- Develop a list of effective clinical teaching techniques
Recommended CitationMingioni, MD, Nina, "Teaching Primer for Future Interns" (2019). Medical Education Teaching Tools. Paper 2.