Perinatal Depression: Conventional and Integrative Approaches to Treatment: Current Evidence
Overall Goals and Objectives:
Following this activity, a participant should be able to:
- Identify recent advances in integrative medical care for pregnant and postpartum patients and discuss their application to clinical practice.
- Describe the latest data on complementary and alternative medical therapies that could improve patient outcomes in depression.
- Discuss integrative medicine topics that pregnant and post-postpartum patients frequently ask physicians about.
- Prevalence of perinatal depression
- Impact of depression in pregnancy, postpartum
- Treatment options
Becker, MD, MA, FACLP, Madeleine, "Perinatal Depression: Conventional and Integrative Approaches to Treatment: Current Evidence" (2020). Integrative Medicine Lectures, Presentations & Grand Rounds. Presentation 116.