Download Full Text (2.6 MB)
The Interprofessional Student Hotspotting Learning Collaborative brings together a team of students who work closely with individual patients with complex medical histories who are “super-utilizers” of health care resources.
- Provide a targeted, patient-centered approach to patient care
- Learn about our patient’s health from their perspective and develop a plan based on the patient’s goals and perceived needs
- Minimize misuse and miscommunication that had previously hindered the patient healthcare experience.
- Bring unique perspectives from each of our respective disciplines to improve upon inefficiencies in care
- Our team consisted of students from the colleges of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Medicine
JCIPE, interprofessional care, collaborative health, student hotspotting
Interprofessional Education | Medical Education | Medicine and Health Sciences
Brannon, Kristin; Levy-Sheon, Saskia; Murphy, Michael; Rankel, Megan; Christianson, Caroline; Alexander, Carly; Patel, Tejash; Kuperman, MD, Mariana; and Hewston, PT, DPT, MEd, CEEAA, Leigh Ann, "Interprofessional Student Hotspotting Learning Collaborative: A Student Initiative to Together Help Patients in Tangible and Intangible Ways" (2019). JCIPE Posters. 8.