Primary Care for Adolescents and Young Adults with Spina Bifida
- Define spina bifida and list the most commons types
- Discuss the role of folic acid in prevention of spina bifida
- Briefly go over the diagnosis and treatment of spina bifida
- Address the most common health considerations for adolescents and young adults with spina bifida (AYASB) and the role of the primary care doctor
- Review the social model of disability
- Examine barriers to access to care for patients with physical disabilities
Facey, MD, Hannah, "Primary Care for Adolescents and Young Adults with Spina Bifida" (2022). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 550.