Development of a Health Disparities Curriculum with a QI Focus on a Family Medicine Clerkship
- Background: Review educational needs assessment survey, describe lesson development.
- Implementation: Discuss process of implementation, review lessons learned related to Kern's 6 steps of curricular development
- Evaluation: Discuss pre- and post-test results, share examples of process maps, highlight themes from student's reflections
- Next Steps: Discuss future directions, questions/debrief
Combined QI and Health Disparities Curriculum: Goals and Objectives
- Describe key principles of quality improvement (QI) and systems innovation
- Discuss their awareness and recognition of health disparities in vulnerable populations
- Apply QI principles to reduce health disparities
de la Cruz, MD, Mariasyl, "Development of a Health Disparities Curriculum with a QI Focus on a Family Medicine Clerkship" (2022). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 536.