Aging with Pride: Caring for LGBT+ Older Adults
Media is loading
- LGBT+ older adults are potentially vulnerable
- Screenings (cancer screenings for trans individuals, WSW) may be missed
- HIV affects LGBT+ older adults disproportionately
- There is no evidence for discontinuing gender-affirming hormone therapy due to age
- Planning for end-of-life is especially important for LGBT+ older adults
Recommended CitationDanielewicz, MD, Michael, "Aging with Pride: Caring for LGBT+ Older Adults" (2022). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 517.