Pre-participation cardiac assessment: Physiologic vs Pathologic ECG changes in athletes
- To become familiar with International Criteria for ECG interpretation in athletes
- To introduce common physiologic changes seen on ECG
- To introduce common pathologic changes seen on ECG
- To review common etiologies of SCD in athletes
- To review the epidemiology and incidence of SCD by population and by sport
- To discuss the current evidence of cardiac screening
- Importance and epidemiology
- Brief history of different "criteria"
- Physiologic changes on ECG
- Common etiologies of SCD
- Primary Electrical Disease
- Pathologic changes on ECG
- Brief overview of current literature and debate
Recommended CitationHaines, MD, Mike, "Pre-participation cardiac assessment: Physiologic vs Pathologic ECG changes in athletes" (2019). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 384.