Approach to HTN in the Older Adult
By the end of the lecture you should
- Recall the epidemiology of hypertension in the US
- Recognize the normal physiologic changes which occur with aging that impact blood pressure
- Appreciate the approach to evaluating elevated blood pressures in an older adult in the outpatient setting
- Identify the landmark trials which have contributed to current guidelines
- Develop an evidence-based (?) framework for managing HTN in the older adult in the outpatient setting
Recommended CitationMcGrath, MD, Kate, "Approach to HTN in the Older Adult" (2019). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 335.