Reflecting on a Month in Navajo Nation
- Learn how to say "hello" in Navajo
- Locate Navajo Nation on a map of the United States
- Understand basic historical, cultural, socioeconomic differences of Navajo people
- Become aware of Navajo-specific diseases and uncommon diseases that are common in Navajo Nation
- Understand the role of a Navajo medicine man or native healer
- Consider electives (careers) in rural locations or with the Indian Health Service!
- Appreciate the beautiful photos from my time in the Southwest
- Basic Navajo language lesson
- Historical and cultural considerations
- Epidemiology and health disparities
- Clinical cases showcasing unique pathology in Navajo Nation
- Role of Native Medicine
- Discussion of a career in rural medicine and Indian Health Service
Recommended CitationSimon, MD, Rebecca, "Reflecting on a Month in Navajo Nation" (2018). Department of Family & Community Medicine Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 311.