Appropriateness of TAVR in the Chronic Liver Patient Undergoing Liver Transplant Evaluation
Rebecca Marcantuono, MSN, CRNP; Nicholas Ruggiero, MD; Alec Vishnevsky, MD; John Entwistle, MD; Praveen Mehrotra, MD; Kiran Mahmood, MD; and Wisam Alfay, MD
As the indications for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) continue to expand, understanding appropriate patient selection is becoming an area of growing interest. The presence of Liver cirrhosis has been previously proven to increase perioperative morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing general surgical procedures. However, there is limited research articulating clinical outcomes in TAVR patients with known liver disease who are actively undergoing orthotopic liver transplant evaluation (OLT).
Safety and Efficacy of Very High Dose Furosemide Continuous Infusions
Jessica Wilczynski, PharmD; Matthew Decaro, MD, FACC, FACP; Gregary Marhefka, MD, FACC, FACP; Brandi Thoma, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP; Susan Varghese, PharmD, BCPS; Ryan Watson, MD; and Ilya Danelich, PharmD, BCPS, BCCP
- Fluid overload is treated with loop diuretics in patients with heart failure and in patients with acute kidney injury1,2
- There are sparse data regarding use of very high dose continuous loop diuretic infusions. In some studies, very high doses were only used in outlying patients (maximum160 mg/hour)3, 4
- The use of very high dose furosemide continuous infusions at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital is a rare practice. These infusions range in dose from 40-240 mg/hour, with no limitation on the duration
- The purpose of this study is to examine the efficacy and safety of very high dose furosemide continuous infusions
Review of the Safety and Efficacy of Echocardiographically Guided Pericardiocentesis: A Retrospective Single-Center Analysis, 2009 – 2016
Robert Park, MD; Michael Valentino, MD, PhD; Rajiv Kabadi, MD; Matthew Decaro, MD; and Gregary Marhefka, MD
- To investigate the safety and efficacy of EGP given the relatively limited data of this modality’s safety profile in American healthcare centers over the past decade
- To evaluate the characteristics of and risk factors of those needing EGP
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.