Article Title

Vitamins: Friend or Foe


Case Presentation

A 39 year-old male presented to the emergency department withgeneralized body aches after a recent fall. The patient underwenturgent trauma evaluation and incidentally was found to havemultiple medications in his right colon on radiography (Figures1 and 2). The patient was immediately screened for a drugoverdose, but he admitted to taking a large amount of Ultra-Startvitamins that he purchased on the internet. Due to suspicionfor possible drug overdose, a nasogastric tube was placed, andpolyethylene glycol was administered to help the patient pass thepills from his bowels. Despite the large ingestion of vitamins, thepatient remained asymptomatic throughout his hospitalization.