This history documents the establishment (1891) of the Training School for Nurses of the Jefferson Medical College Hospital, its growth, and cessation (1982). Like all nursing programs initiated in that era graduates received a “hospital diploma.” From 1972 Jefferson offered nursing programs for bachelors and (after 1986) graduate degrees through its Department of Nursing. The new Jefferson School of Nursing (2006) offers degrees that range from Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) through Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).

Volumes, Chapters and Plates