Download Poster. Files over 3MB may be slow to open. For best results, right-click and select "save as..." (1.2 MB)
- Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) caused nearly 500,000 illnesses with 29,000 deaths in the United States
- Preventing hospital-associated Clostridium difficile infection (HA-CDI) is crucial to modern healthcare systems for reducing mortality, healthcare costs and length of stay
- There are multiple risk factors for CDI transmission in healthcare settings:
- Failure to comply with hand hygiene
- Ineffective equipment and surface cleaning
- Diagnosis delays
Poster presented at: APIC 2017 in Portland Oregon, United States.
Strategic approach of an urban 900-bed academic medical center to combat Clostridium difficile infection transmission using staff engagement, poster, Infection control, Thomas Jefferson University
Infectious Disease | Medicine and Health Sciences
Mitchell, MPH, Courtney and Zabriskie, CIC, Kelly, "Strategic approach of an urban 900-bed academic medical center to combat Clostridium difficile infection transmission using staff engagement" (2017). Department of Medicine Posters. 8.