Rethinking Our Roles in Good Dying
- Compare and contrast four paradigms for death and dying
- Relate how personal, professional and societal beliefs concerning human life, dying and death influence the outcomes of health care decision making for the seriously ill and dying
- Describe the recurrent and evolving ethical issues related to decision making for the seriously ill and dying
- Affirm or challenge the claim that patients have a right to assisted suicide/aid in dying
- What is it reasonable to expect of health care professionals and governments when patients or their surrogates seek to end life on their own terms.
Recommended CitationTaylor, PhD, MSN, RN, Carol, "Rethinking Our Roles in Good Dying" (2016). Kimmel Cancer Center, Presentations and Grand Rounds. Paper 37.