"News in Brief,"
Jefferson Surgical Solutions: Vol. 3
, Article 8.
Available at: http://jdc.jefferson.edu/jss/vol3/iss1/8
- Benjamin Youdelman, MD has
joined the Department of Surgery’s
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
He completed three fellowship
programs in Cardiothoracic Surgery,
Congenital Heart Surgery and
- John Kairys, MD, (JMC Class of
1993), Assistant Professor of Surgery,
has joined the Dean’s Office as Assistant Dean of Graduate Medical
Education, but will remain as the Vice Chair for Educational Affairs
in the Department of Surgery. He served as Program Director since
- Karen Chojnacki, MD was named Program Director for the
Department of Surgery's Residency Program. Her clinical practice
specializes in minimally invasive surgery (see cover story).
- Gerald Isenberg, MD was named the Director of Undergraduate
Education in the Department of Surgery. He is also the Program
Director of the Colorectal Fellowship Program.
- A new Fellowship in Vascular Surgery has been awarded to the
Department of Surgery by the ACGME. The two-year fellowship
will train two fellows each year at Thomas Jeferson University
Hospital and Methodist Hospital.
- The Division of Vascular Surgery recently opened a new
endovascular surgical suite on Gibbon 5, featuring Phillips FD20
imaging technology. This is the first Philadelphia area suite where
this degree of imaging is available in a fully functional operating
- On January 1, 2008, seven surgeons of Jefferson University Physicians (JUP) assumed responsibility for the Mid-Atlantic Surgical Practice based at Ritner Street and Methodist Hospital. Patients will be seen at St. Agnes Continuing Care Center at 1900 South Broad Street. For more information, please call JUP at 215-551-0360.