"News in Brief,"
Jefferson Surgical Solutions: Vol. 1
, Article 8.
Available at: http://jdc.jefferson.edu/jss/vol1/iss3/8
- Charles J. Yeo, MD, Samuel D. Gross
Professor and Chair of Surgery, is
Editor-in-Chief of the latest (sixth)
edition of Shackelford's Surgery of
the Alimentary Tract, published in
2007 by Elsevier. Dr. Yeo also
received the 2006 Distinguished
Physician Award from the Hellenic
Medical Society of New York.
- Jonathan Brody, PhD, has joined the Division of Surgical
Research. He comes to Jefferson from Johns Hopkins University,
where he was an Instructor in advanced programs in biotechnology.
Dr. Brody's laboratory aims to optimize chemotherapy treatments
for pancreatic cancer.
- Lisa Marcucci, MD (JMC Class of 1991),has joined the Division
of Acute Care Surgery. She recently completed a fellowship in
Surgical Critical Care at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Marcucci's
Avoiding Common ICU Errors, the second of an eight-book series,
was published in December 2006 by Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
- Keith Meslin, MD, has joined the Division of Colon and Rectal
Surgery. Dr. Meslin completed a fellowship in colorectal surgery
at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT, and several years in private
practice before coming to Jefferson. He specializes in minimally
- Francis E. Rosato Sr., MD, pioneering Jefferson surgeon, teacher,
and chairman of surgery for 22 years died of blood cancer on
October 18, 2006. For more information about Dr. Rosato, visit
- Maurizio Iaria, MD, a Clinical Fellow in the Division of Transplant
Surgery, received the Young Investigator Award from the 2006
World Transplant Congress held in Boston, MA.
- A new virtual tour of surgical services offered by the department can be viewed online at www.JeffersonHospital.org/surgery.