I’m energized to be leading Jefferson’s outstanding Department of Surgery. Moving forward, my vision includes:
- Nurturing a culture of continuous clinical excellence through team building, selected recruitments and Centers of Excellence for various clinical programs
- Increasing scholarly output, facilitated by the electronic medical records system, implementation of critical pathways and our department Web master
- Organizing a clinical research center to improve our clinical database capabilities, beginning with implementation of the American College of Surgeons' National Surgical Quality Improvement Program
- Fostering improved basic science and translational research by taking advantage of Jefferson’s Center for Translational Medicine and the Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson, facilitated by Tom Tulenko, PhD, being named Director of our new Division of Surgical Research
- Enhancing residents' education and learning environment
- Maintaining high-quality medical student teaching and mentoring, with additional support for a surgical skills laboratory
- Creating a regional and national network to improve patient outreach, education and fundraising through collaboration with the Jefferson Foundation and regular publication of this newsletter.
Yeo, Charles J.
"Overview from the Chairman,"
Jefferson Surgical Solutions:
1, Article 3.
Available at: http://jdc.jefferson.edu/jss/vol1/iss1/3