Pharmacists Role in Accountable Care Organizations: A Place for Leadership
- Define the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model and the evolution of its role in a healthcare setting
- Discuss opportunities for implementation of the Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative in an ACO
- Define the role of Patient Centered Medical Homes, Transitions of Care, and Specialty Pharmacy within an ACO model
- Identify possible barriers to implementation of ACO and ways to overcome them
- Describe current programs that have been developed using an ACO framework and opportunities for pharmacy advancement
Recommended CitationEspinosa, PharmD, MAT, PGY-1, Pharmacy Practice Resident, Gloria, "Pharmacists Role in Accountable Care Organizations: A Place for Leadership" (2014). Jefferson College of Population Health Continuing Education Programs. Paper 7.