Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light, STOPP: Learning What Medications to Avoid in Geriatrics
- Review the epidemiology of polypharmacy within the geriatric population
- Understand patient parameters that put geriatric patients at risk for adverse effects
- Describe the purpose of Beers Criteria and START/STOPP
- Identify the leading culprits of unsafe medication use in the elderly population
- Given a clinical scenario, determine safer alternatives for treatment in geriatrics, including non-pharmacologic management
Recommended CitationPuschak, PharmD, PGY-1, Pharmacy Resident, Christine, "Green Light, Yellow Light, Red Light, STOPP: Learning What Medications to Avoid in Geriatrics" (2014). Jefferson College of Population Health Continuing Education Programs. Paper 5.