InterProfessional Care for the 21st Century: Redefining Education
October 23, 2008
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson University
Jefferson Interprofessional Education Center's FIRST annual FREE conference will unite educators, health and social service professionals, policy makers, researchers, and interested stakeholders in cultivating collaborative approaches towards interprofessional education programs. Participants will examine the range of health and social service professional programs interconnectedness with education and impact on healthcare. Share your expertise, explore collaborative partnerships and learn new skills. Don't miss this hallmark event at Thomas Jefferson University!
At the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify interprofessional education benefits, teaching strategies and evaluation methods.
- Comprehend the impact of interprofessional teams on health care delivery and outcomes.
- Define the roles of individual professions as part of the interprofessional team by discussion of successful interprofessional education applications in practice.
- Incorporate interprofessional education into curricula.
- Assess individual practices in light of the information and discussion during the conference and identify specific strategies to implement as part of a continuing improvement process for your practices.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Course Directors, Educators, Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Service Professionals and other interested stakeholders.