Pediatric Trauma Informed Care: What the Primary Care Provider Needs to Know
1. Recognize the impact of trauma history in the overall health of individuals
2. Develop a broad, working definition of "trauma"
3. Define the impact of trauma during different stages of child development
4. Understand the theory of "Trauma Informed Care" (TIC)
5. Examine current examples of best-practice
6. Develop tools to use during office visits to identify the effects of trauma and empower families and children
Presentation: 55 minutes
Recommended CitationMcGrath, MD, Kate, "Pediatric Trauma Informed Care: What the Primary Care Provider Needs to Know" (2014). Department of Family & Community Medicine Lectures, Presentations, Workshops. Paper 33.